Friday, January 21, 2011

QR Codes: The new thing in Advertising


We've seen these Quick Response (QR) codes recently on mobile devices like our Blackberry's and Iphones. Until now these little cubes have worked as an electronic signature of sorts. They are litte square's that look like a sku on steroids and work as a way of scanning your mobile device to link with another mobile and send them your contact info.


Well you are soon going to be seeing these little codes everywhere on everything from advertisements, products, clothing tags and more. It's going to be a way to get more information on any given something. You would scan the code just as you do now with your mobile phone and immediately be taken to the website or a slideshow or video that will explain more about the product or thing being advertised.

Each square will be like a personal identification or address, almost like a social securty, email or product sku.


Its the wave of the future but it just hasn't caught on yet. There's an artist that is using it as a way to show a snip-it of her singing and to direct people to her tour dates. Advertisers are using it in airports to promote products and soon you'll see it everywhere from movies to bus stops.


I'm looking forward to seeing what we'll think of next. But for now I think my code is pretty hot, maybe its cause it has Ms Commish writen all over it! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting

I don't think I have ever put pen to paper ad lib style like I am now. I have always put thought into what I was going to write. Always ...