Monday, January 3, 2011

Online Dating Experiment

I never thought I'd be the type of person to try something like this. Is there a specific type of person who dates online? It always seemed like something foreign to me. Online dating has always been something I hear people talk about and always wondered why it is that people do it? Did they do it cause they were desperate? Were they really happy with the person they found? And how many duds did they have to suffer through to find "the one."
I've heard success stories about people who met on Facebook or Myspace and got married and are still together and I've also heard horror stories about terrible encounters with people that lie about who they said they were. Its scary if you ask me. I mean its hard enough dating someone who "comes recommended," even that holds no validity anymore. Those that come recommended actually tend to be the ones who screw you over even more! It's like when do you know its okay to let your guard down a little bit?
With this online dating, its like you've never even heard of the person until they found you on this site where thousands of people sign up to and visit everyday. Who monitors these sites?

Who's to say they are cool people, or that they are who they say they are or better yet even safe for that matter? I don't know it all seems even more difficult to me. Online dating seems to have been created to help people bring walls down and lower inhibitions but it seems more like the opposite. I don't know if I could ever take someone I meet on one of these things seriously.

I highly doubt I'll meet my prince charming on one of these things but I'll give it a try for old curiousities sake and we'll see what happens. Who knows, it may actually be worth a few late night chatting sessions with some complete strangers.. Ha!

Keep you posted..



2 comments:

  1. Curious to find out if you met your prince
    charming or if you are still single ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ja still single and its 5 years later!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Interesting

I don't think I have ever put pen to paper ad lib style like I am now. I have always put thought into what I was going to write. Always ...