Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Something new has Blossomed in Wynwood and its called Bloom

Well ladies and gentlemen, please excuse my recent hiatus but after endless rounds of soul searching and redefining myself, I decided I'd pick up right back where I left off so here I am. It all comes full circle and The Commish is back at what she loves to do, talk about life and food.

Typical to Miami flair, this little restaurant has an ambiance like no other. A fresh modern feel with natural touches welcomes you as you enter through an outdoor reception area where the watering hole awaits perfectly situated for you and your friends to have a quick drink before dinner.

The drinks are superb. The one you see here which after tasting them all turned out to be my favorite, was the Pacaya. It has papaya fruit, honey, cilantro and orange and it is absolutely is delicious! The tattooed bartender there is a favorite of mine, I was his customer at Mercadito where he used to tend bar. Now he is shaking it up here with great jokes and these fabulous drinks.

They have an outdoor seating area which looks like a city garden, very cool but we decided for indoors for the Miami summer heat. The indoor dining room is bright and airy with a casual yet chic feeling to it. They serve local market and street food like you would find while traveling in Latin America and Asia but its served on delicate plates instead of your typical styrofoam you get while abroad and it is so fun to eat. Everything is served sharing style or at least thats what we did and got to try a little bit of it all.

We tasted everything from Tuna Yuke Seaweed “Tacos”,  to Braised Oxtail Rice Tamales. We tried the Miami Spice menu while it was still going and got to try a little of everything. The Korean short rib arepas were to die for and the Salmon tiradito was one of my favorites.

Then the dessert, which I must tell you give the word "rich" a run for its money. I'm not sure if it was the Cola Float or the Shaved Ice Bomb but whatever it was, it was yuuuuummmmiiieee. Peanut butter chunks, thick icecream, milk, syrup and crumbs swirled together to give you the thickest shake you've had in a while. So thick in fact they actually serve it with a giant straw to assist you in your devouring efforts!

All in all Bloom gets two thumbs up from me for ambiance, food quality, service and flair and I will definitely be back, who knows, maybe with you next time!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting

I don't think I have ever put pen to paper ad lib style like I am now. I have always put thought into what I was going to write. Always ...