Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The xx concert at the Fillmore Miami. They packed the HOUSE!


I was swept away last night at the xx concert in the Fillmore Theatre. Maybe I'm dating myself when I say this but if you're a child of the 80's like me, you'll know what I mean when I say that if the Eurythmics, the Cure and Depeche Mode would have had a threesome and had kids, they would have given birth to the xx.
With eerily depressing melodies that tend to sooth your broken heart and make your hips sway and lyrics that remind you of a distant past, the xx truly are something special...
Performing to a sold out audience, this group which originated in England, really gave it their soul. You could feel the energy permeate through the crowd. Their voices travelled through the air and filled the entire space and everyone was instantly mesmerized.    
Last nights xx concert was a magical, amazing experience for all who were there. It was interesting to see how surprised and pleased they were by the outcome of the crowd and whole heartily thanked us several times for being there. It was a special moment.  
I was so happy to be invited by my fabulous ladies and we had a phenomenal time running into dear friends such as FigureM while we were there. If you haven't heard of the xx by now, you need to click on a new screen and listen to them. You won't be disappointed.
And in bed by midnight doesn't hurt either! I do have to keep up my beauty rest, you know.... hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting

I don't think I have ever put pen to paper ad lib style like I am now. I have always put thought into what I was going to write. Always ...